If you are someone who was recently struck by a car while riding your bicycle, you are, without a doubt, seriously injured. This is why you must continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Smith County, Texas personal injury attorneys to learn more about bicycle accidents and how we can help you if you have been injured in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do if I am injured in a bicycle accident?
If you are injured in a bicycle accident, as long as you are still physically capable, you should take the following steps to boost your chances of winning a personal injury claim in the future:
- First, you should call the police, as they will send an ambulance to the scene, which you most likely will need.
- You should then ask the driver for his or her insurance information.
- Then, you should ask anyone who saw your accident for their name, email address, and phone number.
- Next, you should take pictures of the scene of the accident and your injuries.
- Once treated at the hospital, ensure you receive all medical documentation/bills associated with your injuries.
- Finally, you must retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney. In many cases, we can subpoena surveillance footage of your accident, which is generally the best way to prove a personal injury claim.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas?
As you know, there are few accidents more damaging than bicycle accidents, which is why you will most likely not wait to file your personal injury claim so you can recover the compensation you need to heal. However, there are people who will wait to file their claim to see if their injuries heal on their own. While this is understandable, we must tell you that it is in your best interest not to wait, as there is a statute of limitations in place when it comes to personal injury claims. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is, generally, two years, giving the wrongly injured two years from the date of their accident to sue. Do not wait any longer than two years, for if you do, there is a very good chance that you will be barred from doing so. We are ready to begin the claims process today–all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.