If you were injured in a drunk driving accident, do not wait to reach out to our dedicated Auto Accident attorney in Smith County, Texas. Our legal team is here for you and will do all that it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
How does Texas’ dram shop law apply to a drunk driving accident?
The state of Texas has enacted dram shop laws to prohibit establishments and vendors from selling alcohol to those who are visibly intoxicated. If a company disregards the state’s dram shop law and a third party is injured as a result, the establishment can be held at least partially liable for the victim’s injuries.
To learn more, reach out to our firm today. Our skilled Auto Accident attorney in Smith County, Texas is prepared to help you through each step of the claims process. All you have to do is give us a call.
What should I do if I was injured by a drunk driver?
You may be entitled to compensation if you were injured by a drunk driver. You may be able to recover from medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more. Furthermore, it is important to note that if you lost a loved one as a result of a drunk driver, you may be eligible to pursue legal action on their behalf.
If you would like to recover compensation for the burdens sustained from a drunk driving accident, you will need to satisfy the burden of proof. This means that you have the responsibility of providing evidence to the court pointing to the negligence of the driver. You will want to take the following steps to obtain the most critical evidence:
- Call the police to the scene. The police can send an ambulance, file an accident report, and conduct field sobriety tests and a breathalyzer test to determine the driver’s blood alcohol concentration.
- Take pictures and videos at the scene of the accident, documenting the damage done to any cars/property involved.
- Ask anyone who saw the accident for their contact information, as they may be able to confirm your version of events.
- Seek medical attention right away. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated while concurrently presenting you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Finally, retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney so that you can ensure that you have the evidence and support you need to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.