The state of Texas relies on truck drivers to transport goods and materials to where they need to be. Fortunately, these drivers are some of the most hard-working people who dedicate their lives to the job. However, they operate the most dangerous vehicle on the road. In the event that they are involved in an accident, it can cause serious, life-impacting injuries to not only them but others on the road as well. If you were involved in a truck accident and wish to recover compensation for your damages, contact an experienced Texas personal injury attorney today for assistance.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
Trucks are a challenging vehicle to operate due to their size. It is because of this that the accidents that they are involved in can be much more serious than those caused by a standard motor vehicle. The different types of truck accidents that can occur in Texas include the following:
- Jackknife crashes: When an 18-wheeler goes into a skid, causing the trailer to swing out and form a 90-degree angle with the cab.
- Head-on collisions: This usually happens when one vehicle is struck by a truck traveling in the wrong lane.
- Wide turn crashes: When a trucker makes a wide right turn, colliding with a driver in the adjacent lane.
- Blindspot crashes: Trucks have large blind spots due to their size. When truck drivers move without acknowledging this, they may strike another vehicle while changing lanes.
- Rear-end collisions: If a truck driver does give themselves enough time to break, there is they can collide with a vehicle in front of them.
Pursuing Legal Action
After being involved in a truck accident, victims often want to pursue legal action in order to recover compensation for any damages incurred. The first step in doing so is at the scene of the accident. This is done by calling the police, gathering information from the drivers and witnesses at the scene, documenting details of the accident, and receiving medical assistance. This is because this information can be used to prove negligence in a personal injury claim once it is filed. If successful in doing so, the injured party may be able to recover significant compensation as coverage for any costs relating to the accident.
Contact our Firm
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident due to negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today to fight for the compensation you deserve.