Slip and fall accidents often happen suddenly, giving individuals very little time to react. This is part of what makes them so frightening. What’s more, these accidents can happen just about anyplace, at any time. This includes swimming pools, hotels, apartment complexes, sidewalks, parking lots, and more. If you are someone who was recently injured in a slip and fall accident, you should continue reading and speak with our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys to learn more about how our firm can help you through the claims process. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I do after sustaining an injury?
If you have been injured in a serious slip and fall accident, you should take several steps to maximize your chances of winning a personal injury claim. These steps are as follows:
- The first thing you should do is call 911. The police will also send an ambulance, which will transport you to a hospital.
- While awaiting the ambulance’s arrival, take pictures of the scene of the accident/the safety hazard that caused your accident.
- Ask any witnesses for their names, phone numbers, emails, or any other means by which you may contact them. Witness testimony is an extremely valuable source of proof that can bolster your claim.
- Once your injuries have been treated and you are in stable condition, ensure you ask your doctor for medical documentation relating to the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who has what it takes to win you the compensation you deserve and need.
How long will I have to file a lawsuit against a property owner in Texas?
In Texas, individuals have a certain amount of time to take legal action against a negligent party, known as the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years, which gives you two years from the date of your accident to sue. Do not wait any longer, for if you do, you will most likely be barred from suing. We are ready to help–all you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.