Sometimes, when an accident occurs, it can be hard to remember exactly what happened. Additionally, those involved may have conflicting views about the accident. In cases like this, you may need the help of an expert who can reconstruct the scene of the accident to determine more information about what happened. Read on to learn more about car accident reconstruction.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction can be used to help prove fault when it comes to a car accident lawsuit. This can be done by an expert who examines different aspects of the accident in order to determine the reasons for the crash, the events leading up to it, and more. This is done through a variety of different methods, including:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
Not every accident requires reconstruction. But, you may benefit from it if:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Car accident reconstruction can assist a claim in a variety of different ways. You may be able to prove:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you have been injured in a car accident in Texas, contact our firm today to speak with an experienced attorney.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.