Every parent is anxious when it comes to sending their children to daycare. You want to ensure that your child is in good hands. While many daycares are extremely safe and positive learning environments, accidents can happen. If a daycare owner fails to maintain the grounds, or a daycare employee does not keep a close eye on the kids, serious accidents can occur. Read on to learn more about daycare negligence and what to do in the event that your child is injured.
What Constitutes Daycare Negligence?
Unfortunately, if daycare owners and employees are not careful at all times, serious accidents can occur. Some of the most common accidents are caused by:
- Children being injured on rusty or defective playground equipment
- Children being fed stale food or unclean water
- Sharp, hazardous materials within children’s reach
- Ignoring a child’s food allergies
- Failing to watch children at all times
- Failing to screen potential employees who may be unsafe around children
- Any other factor that the court deems in violation of the reasonable expectation and standard of care
Can I Pursue Legal Action for Negligence?
Some daycares ask parents to sign a liability clause. They ask you to sign this in the hopes that it will deter you from taking legal action against them if your child does become injured. It is important to know that you do not have to sign this clause. But, if you did sign it, you can still take legal action against a daycare for negligence. In order to pursue legal action, you will have to prove:
- The child was enrolled in the daycare and the establishment owed a duty of care to the child
- The daycare employer or the staff breached their duty of care through negligent behavior
- The child’s injuries were a direct result of their negligence
- The child suffered significant damages due to the accident
Reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you provide the necessary proof. Our firm is here to help. We will advocate for you every step of the way and fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.