If you were injured in a stairwell accident as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys to discuss your case and your options.
What are the common causes of stairwell accidents in Texas?
Stairwell accidents can occur in Texas for various different reasons. Though, the most common cause is the result of negligence. The most usual causes of stairwell accidents include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Damaged stairs
- Insufficiently lit stairwells
- Lack of security
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Defective or broken railings
What should I do if I was injured in a stairwell?
It is crucial that you gather as much evidence as possible after a stairwell accident. By doing this, your personal injury claim can be crafted much more easily than if you did not obtain this evidence. If you are able, take the following steps:
- Call 911 – the police will file an accident report and dispatch an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Take photos and videos of the scene, including the dangerous conditions in the stairwell that caused the accident and the injuries you endured as a result.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses to the scene of the accident. It is possible that they will be able to support your version of the events.
- Seek medical attention and make sure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for medical documentation that shows confirmation of the origin and severity of your injuries. This document will be used in your legal claim and can be a key component to a court.
- Retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney that can help you gather additional evidence that can be an important part of your case. An attorney can also help you through the beginning, middle, and end of the claims process and ensure you are promptly filing your claim.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Texas?
The state of Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of most personal injury accidents to be filed. This implies that if you did not file your stairwell accident claim within two years from the date of your injury, you will likely lose the chance to file your claim entirely and receive the compensation you deserve.
Premises liability accidents are time-sensitive. Do not wait to reach out to our qualified Texas personal injury firm today to get started.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.