While swimming can be a fun pastime, there are also many risks associated with it. Swimming pool accidents can cause an injured person physical, emotional, and financial burdens. If you were injured, do not hesitate to contact our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys to learn about your options. At J. Chad Parker, PLLC, we are dedicated to ensuring that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
What are the common causes of swimming pool accidents in Texas?
There are various ways in which swimming pool accidents can occur. However, one of the most common ways is due to a pool owner’s negligence. Like all property owners, swimming pool owners have a duty to ensure their property is safe for all of those who enter it. If they fail to do so and an injury results, they may be held liable. Swimming pool owners should do the following to prevent injury:
- Put out wet floor signs where necessary
- Ensure barriers/fences are installed to prevent people and toddlers from falling in
- Supervise children
- Ensure nobody is swimming under the influence
If you were injured in a swimming pool accident as a result of another’s negligence, it is in your best interest to consider your legal options. At J. Chad Parker, PLLC, our legal experts can assess your case and guide you through each step of the way.
What are my options after I have been injured in a swimming pool accident?
In order to pursue a successful personal injury claim, you must be able to demonstrate that there was an act of negligence that resulted in your injuries. To best illustrate this, it is important that you take the next steps following your accident:
- Call 911 – A police will file an accident report and dispatch an ambulance.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, including the hazardous conditions.
- Gather contact information from any potential witnesses to the accident. Witness testimony can be beneficial to your future legal claim.
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Contact an experienced Texas personal injury attorney that can help you gather more evidence that can be key to your case.
If you were injured in a swimming pool accident and are facing life-altering effects, do not hesitate to contact our experienced personal injury firm at J. Chad Parker, PLLC today to review your options.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.