Speed limits are in place for a reason, and when drivers exceed the speed limit, they endanger themselves and all those around them. Speeding is among the most common causes of car accidents in Texas and car accidents are the most common type of auto accident. If you are someone who has recently been injured in one, please continue reading and speak with an experienced Tyler, TX auto accident attorney to learn how speeding contributes to auto accidents in Texas and how our firm can help you.
How can speeding lead to Texas auto accidents?
Though at times it can be difficult to discern who was at fault in an auto accident, the liable driver is relatively clear, especially if they are proven to have been traveling above the speed limit. In part because it reduces reaction times and amplifies the force of the collision, speeding often results in significant injuries. That is because, while speeding, negligent drivers will often engage in the following behaviors:
- Unsafe lane changes: Speeding drivers may not look to ensure they are not driving into the path of another motorist. When people fail to check blind spots or fail to check at all, very serious accidents can occur.
- Ignoring traffic lights and signs: Because of their diminished capacity to respond to traffic lights and signs, negligent drivers are likely to collide with motorists who are following the laws.
- Failing to control speed to avoid a collision: Due to their high rate of speed, negligent drivers often fail to negotiate traffic and cannot stop in time to prevent a collision. These often result in rear-end accidents.
- Failing to account for weather conditions: Though always ill-advised and dangerous, speeding in inclement weather can be especially hazardous, because even if the driver brakes in time, the conditions of the road surface may prevent their vehicle from stopping.
If you sustained injuries, you should reach out to a skilled Tyler, TX personal injury attorney to discuss your next steps.
How can a Tyler, Texas auto accidents lawyer help you recover damages from a speeding driver?
Our firm will be able to inform you of your rights as well as prepare and present your evidence in court. Furthermore, a qualified legal professional will help you receive compensation for economic, non-economic and punitive damages such as the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and lost benefits
- Related economic losses
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional or mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship and society
- Disfigurement and/or impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Damages intended to punish the other driver for malicious, fraudulent or grossly negligent behavior
Our firm is here to help you, so please give us a call today.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.