Those who are involved in an accident often suffer from serious physical, emotional, and financial burdens. It is because of this that they may seek financial compensation to help with their recovery. Continue reading and reach out to our experienced Texas personal injury attorney to learn more about preparing for your initial consultation, as well as how we can help you recover rightful compensation.
What Should I Bring to my Initial Consultation?
Before meeting with an attorney, you should be prepared for the time you will have. The more information you can provide your attorney with, the better they will understand your case and be able to recover the financial compensation you need. The following are some examples of helpful information you can provide your attorney with:
- The names, phone numbers, business cards, or emails of any witnesses to your accident who can back up your claim
- All injury and accident-related expenses on your end, including lost wages, the cost of any repairs you had to make to your car, house, etc., the cost of in-home care, your medical bills, and any other damages
- Pictures of the safety hazard that caused the accident and of the injuries you have sustained
- Videos of the accident occurring
- The police report filed at the scene. (You should always call the police after an accident because they will call an ambulance so you can receive treatment, and they will also document the facts of the incident.)
- Your health insurance info, as well as your car insurance policy if the accident involved a motor vehicle
What Questions Will my Attorney Ask me?
The questions an attorney may ask you regarding your situation can vary depending on the case. However, there are several basic questions that your attorney will most likely ask because they need to know. This can include but is not limited to the following:
- If you have had any communication with the opposing party or their insurance company and if you have documentation to prove it
- How the injuries affect your life
- If you have a prognosis or medical reports to prove the injuries
Contact our Firm
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today to fight for the compensation you deserve.