Halloween is one of the most exciting times of the year, though it can only be fun if it is also safe. For this very reason, you must ensure that you take all the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all trick-or-treaters who step foot on your property. Our firm has created a short Halloween safety checklist for you to review before the 31st. Please continue reading to learn more.
Tips for Keeping Your Property Safe this Halloween
Before trick-or-treaters arrive, ensure you take the following precautions to ensure your property is safe for all:
- Ensure that your steps are safe, meaning they are not wobbly or broken in any way.
- Make sure that all walkways are well-lit.
- If you have Halloween decorations up, ensure that they are not in the walkway for trick-or-treaters to trip over.
- If you have flower pots on your steps or front porch, ensure they are out of the way.
- Do not hand out candy that is expired or stale.
- Keep jack-o-lanterns with candles away from walkways to reduce the chances of having them accidentally kicked over.
- If you have pets, ensure you keep them inside, and if your pet is aggressive, keep it in another room with the door closed.
What to do if You are Injured this Halloween
If you or your child are injured this Halloween because of a property owner’s negligence, you may wish to file a premises liability claim against that property owner to help you recover the compensation you or your child need to heal. However, to do so, you will have to prove that you were injured as a direct result of that property owner’s negligence. If you can, begin documenting the incident immediately. Notify the property owner of your injuries, take pictures of the unsafe condition that caused your accident, ask any witnesses for their name and contact information, seek medical treatment immediately, and retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who can work to obtain all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.