Memorial Day Weekend is a time of celebration, however, according to the Fatality Analysis Reporting System, it is also the most deadly holiday weekend for motorists. If you are someone who has been injured in an auto accident this Memorial Day, please continue reading and reach out to our knowledgeable Texas personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you through the legal process ahead.
What are the most common causes of car accidents in Texas?
Car accidents can happen for a wide variety of reasons, though not unlike other accidents, they usually involve the negligence of one or more parties. On Memorial Day in particular, many accidents are caused by individuals who drive while under the influence of alcohol. Additionally, car accidents are frequently caused by distracted driving and driving while drowsy or fatigued.
What should I do if I have been injured in a car accident?
If you are injured in a car accident, you should do several things to bolster your chances of winning a future claim. They are as follows:
- First, call the police, who will document the accident and send an ambulance to the scene.
- Next, ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information, including their phone number, email, or any other means by which you may contact them.
- Then, take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your car or the other motorist’s car.
- Once you are treated in the hospital, ask your doctor for medical documentation detailing the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who has what it takes to satisfy the burden of proof.
You should note that the state of Texas has a statute of limitations concerning personal injury claims. Since the statute of limitations is, generally, two years, you will, generally, have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the party responsible. Do not wait any longer than two years, for if you do, you will most likely be barred from suing. We are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.