Motorcycles are fun, gas-efficient, and are an excellent means of transportation for many. However, they can also be very dangerous, which is why our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys have compiled the following list of various motorcycle safety tips for motorcyclists in Texas. Please continue reading to learn more, and do not hesitate to give our firm a call if you have been wrongly injured in a Smith County motorcycle accident.
- Ensure that you are always wearing a helmet in compliance with Texas’ motorcycle helmet laws, as well as protective eyewear. Taking these precautions may very well save your life.
- Never ride your motorcycle without inspecting it first. Ensure everything is in working order before setting out. If something happens while you are riding your motorcycle, simply pull over and either fix it yourself or call a service to have your bike repaired. Do not try and make it to your destination on your own if you suspect something is wrong.
- Do not speed when riding your motorcycle, as speeding is the number one cause of motorcycle accident deaths. Though these machines possess the ability to speed, do not make the mistake of doing so.
- Always stay at least three car lengths back from the motorist in front of you.
- Always stay aware of your surroundings. Of course, this is true for all motorists, but you still must do your part in ensuring that you are constantly paying attention to everything that is going on around you. If you are tired, either don’t drive or have a coffee to wake you up.
- Never drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Always use blinkers or hand signals to warn others of your movements.
- Wear jackets and pants that can provide you with some cushioning/protection from the elements, and ensure you wear gloves, as well as over-the-ankle boots to completely cover your body.
- Make sure that other motorists can see you. This means wearing bright colors, ensuring your bike is equipped with reflectors and more.
- Obey all additional rules and regulations of the road to ensure you are never the one responsible for an accident.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.