Amusement park accidents are a fun summer activity. But, if these parks are not kept maintained at all times, serious accidents can occur. Read on to learn more about amusement park accidents in Texas and what to do if an injury occurs.
Types of Accidents
When riding amusement park rides, a number of serious accidents can occur. These accidents may include:
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Brain aneurysms
- Lacerations, broken bones, and torn ligaments
- Death as a result of falling or being thrown from a ride
- Drowning on water rides
How do Amusement Park Accidents Occur?
These accidents can occur for many different reasons. The most common causes of amusement park accidents include:
- Mechanical failure of the ride
- Improper operation of the ride
- Passenger misuse or failure to follow instructions
- Inherent nature of the ride
Providing Proof of Negligence
If you have been injured at an amusement park, it is important to take the following steps:
- Call 911: The police can send an ambulance, file an accident report, keep the scene safe, and more.
- Document the scene: Be sure to take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts: Ask the people who saw your accident occur for their name and contact information. They may be able to provide important witness testimony.
- Seek medical attention: It is important to go to the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility immediately after your accident occurs. This will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Contact an attorney: An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence, including security camera footage, police reports, and more.
If you or a loved one has been injured at a Texas theme park, reach out to our firm to speak with an experienced and dedicated attorney today.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.