There are few things more horrifying to be a part of than a pedestrian accident. If you were simply walking down the street or crossing one and, out of nowhere, were struck by another car, there is a very good chance you qualify for compensation. Please continue reading and reach out to our knowledgeable Texas personal injury attorney to learn more about what we can do for you.
How does a pedestrian accident happen?
Pedestrian accidents are not unlike other accidents in that their main cause is negligence. When drivers violate the rules and regulations of the road by doing things such as drinking and driving, driving while drowsy, or texting while driving, they drastically increase the chances of a serious accident occurring, and if it does, they are to blame.
What should I do if I have been injured in a pedestrian accident?
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may not be capable of doing any of the following, however, if you can, you should:
- Call the police, who will send an ambulance to the scene.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, as well as of your injuries.
- Once treated, ensure you receive all medical documentation relating to the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced Tyler, Texas personal injury attorney who can fight for your right to heal. Our firm can subpoena additional evidence that may be needed to prove your claim, such as security camera footage of the accident as it happened.
How long do I have to sue someone for an injury in Texas?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is, generally, two years, giving the wrongly injured two years from the date of their accident to sue the liable party. Of course, after an injury, you may wish to wait before suing to see if your injuries heal on their own. However, we cannot advise you to do so, for if you wait past the state’s statute of limitations, you will most likely be barred from suing. Do not let this happen. We are ready to fight on your behalf today. Give us a call to learn more about how we can help you.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.