If you are injured in a car accident due to another party’s negligence, you will have to speak with the other driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies are notoriously difficult to deal with. As a result, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Read on for more information regarding the dos and don’ts of speaking with an insurance adjuster.
What to Know About Speaking with Insurance Adjusters After an Accident:
- For the most part, insurance adjusters are looking out for their company’s best interests and they are not interested in providing you with the full compensation you need and deserve. As a result, they will lowball your initial settlement. Never take a settlement without the assistance of a personal injury attorney.
- Insurance companies will often insist that you are not as injured as you claim, or that you are not injured at all. To combat this, it is necessary to keep all of the evidence related to your injury, such as medical documents.
- Unfortunately, insurance companies are known to ask trick questions to get you to say something that may be used against you. That is why you must not simply agree with any of the questions they ask without first verifying your answer with an experienced Texas personal injury attorney.
- If your insurance company tells you to go to a body shop they recommend, do not do so. All too often, these companies have arrangements with these auto body shops, and they will give you the lowest estimate possible when it comes to repairing your car. Remember, you are not legally obligated to go to a shop of their choosing.
- Frequently, insurance companies will ignore you if you turn down their first settlement offer. There is a statute of limitations in place for personal injury claims, and they will try to get you to pass the statute of limitations so you cannot sue them. As a result, it is important to be persistent.
- Finally, never sign a document without first consulting your personal injury attorney.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Texas, you may have a stressful road ahead of you. Our firm is here to walk you through the process each step of the way.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.