Department store accidents are serious. If you were injured in one, do not wait to reach out to one of our skilled and dedicated Tyler, TX slip and fall attorneys today. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that you receive the compensation you need to feel whole again. Contact us today.
What are the common causes of department store accidents in Texas?
There are several ways that department store accidents can occur. However, most accidents are a result of a store owner and/or employee’s negligence. Department store owners or employees are responsible for keeping the premises safe at all times. This can be done by making routine checks. In the event that these checks are not performed, customers can get injured. The most common causes of department store accidents include:
- Spills left uncleaned
- Poorly placed floor mats
- Liquids on bathroom floors
- Falling merchandise from shelves
- Defective escalators, elevators, or other equipment used in the store
- Poorly lit parking lots
- Lack of security
What steps should I take after a department store accident?
You may be entitled to financial compensation if you were injured in a department store accident as a result of another’s negligence. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to show proof that this negligence occurred. Be sure to take the following steps to effectively do this:
- Call 911. They can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts as they may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention. This will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional while also providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Contact a Tyler, TX slip and fall attorney today to obtain further evidence, including security camera footage, police reports, and more.
- Be sure to file your claim on time. Texas has a statute of limitations of two years.
Do not wait to reach out to our firm today to obtain the compensation you deserve. Our firm is here to fight for you and your future.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident, especially a store accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.