May is National Bicycle Safety Month, and as part of our contribution to bicycle safety awareness, we have compiled a list regarding various safety tips all cyclists should take before hitting the road. Please read on to learn more about how to avoid a serious bicycle accident.
- Thoroughly inspect your bicycle. Before embarking on a bike ride, check for any potential safety hazards. This means ensuring your chain is in working condition, tires have sufficient pressure, and your brakes are fully functional.
- Ride in the same direction as traffic. Riding in the opposite direction of traffic is very dangerous. Additionally, always bike in a straight line and use hand signals to notify other motorists when you plan on turning.
- Wear a helmet. Purchasing and wearing a helmet that satisfies the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) standards is perhaps the most important safety measure you can take. It may save your life.
- Obey the rules of the road. Just because you are not riding in an automobile does not mean that you don’t have to obey the same laws everybody else does. Always stop at stop signs, obey traffic lights, and never bike while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Make yourself visible to all motorists. Ensure your bicycle is equipped with reflectors and lights, especially if biking at night. Additionally, do your best to wear bright clothing so all other motorists can see you.
- Observe your surroundings. Loose debris in the road, careless motorists, and more can all cause a serious collision. That is why it is always best you do everything in your power to avoid any potential safety hazards on the road.
Unfortunately, sometimes following all the rules and taking various safety precautions simply isn’t enough. If you are someone who was involved in a bicycle accident with a negligent motorist, you are most likely now severely injured. Our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you deserve and need. We are ready to gather and present all the evidence needed to prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence. If you’ve been injured, we are here. Give us a call today.
Contact our experienced Texas firm about Bicycle Injury Accidents.
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in a bicycle accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.