Unfortunately, train accidents can have serious and even fatal consequences for those injured. If you are in this unfortunate situation, continue reading and give our skilled Tyler TX transit accident attorney today. Our legal team is on your side.
How do train accidents happen?
There are a number of ways that train accidents can happen. These accidents can happen in the station, boarding and exiting the train, or on the train itself. Most of the time, they are a result of negligence. Some of the most common accidents are a result of:
- Doors closing too soon
- Sudden stops
- Turnstyle injuries
- Operator negligence
- People being dragged under the trail
- Electrical injuries due to malfunctions
- Obstructed walkways
- Robberies and other criminal activity due to poor security
- Broken escalators
- Broken stairs or platforms
- Poor lighting
- Trip and falls in the stations or on the platform due to ice or snow
If you were injured in a train accident as a result of any of the above, continue reading and give our firm a call today to discuss the specifics of your case and your options.
What steps should I take if I was injured in a train accident?
If you have been injured as a result of another party’s negligence and you would like to seek legal action, you will have to satisfy the burden of proof. The best way to do this is by taking the following steps:
- Call 911
- The police can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Document the scene
- Take photos and videos at the scene of the accident. Be sure to document the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Seek medical attention
- You should go to the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility right after an accident happens. This is because you are likely injured as a result of your accident. In some instances, you may have sustained a serious injury without recognizing it. Some injuries do not start to show symptoms until later on. Because of this, going to the hospital will ensure that you are treated by a medical professional, while also providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving the hospital, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Contact an experienced attorney right away
- An attorney may be able to gather additional evidence, including security camera footage, police reports, and more.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for a Smith County, Texas attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.