The Fourth of July is a wonderful day where we celebrate what it means to be Americans. Of course, one of the most notable aspects of the Fourth is setting off dazzling firework displays. While this is a great time for all, fireworks can become dangerous if improperly used, which is why our Smith County personal injury attorney has compiled a short checklist regarding firework safety to help ensure your guests enjoy a fun, safe and injury-free Fourth of July. Please read on to learn more.
Firework Safety Tips
Before, and during, your firework show, ensure you take various safety precautions to ensure nobody gets hurt and that all who attend can enjoy the spectacle without incident. Some of the most important firework safety precautions you can take are as follows:
- Do not allow children near fireworks, and ensure they never light them off. Fireworks should only be handled by responsible adults.
- Always keep your pets inside, as oftentimes, setting off fireworks can cause them to run away, behave aggressively, or simply act abnormally.
- Do not light off fireworks unless you have a fire extinguisher and a garden hose nearby, just in case.
- If you are about to light off a firework, ensure that you do not stand over it while doing so.
- When you light off a firework that doesn’t go off, do not try and relight it. Instead, pour cool water over it and throw it in the garbage after.
- Do not set off a firework until everyone is far enough away that injury cannot occur. Having people too close to the fireworks can result in serious burn injuries.
- Do not throw a firework away, after lighting, until you’ve doused it in cool water. A hot firework can start a trash can fire.
- Ensure that fireworks are legal in your area before setting them off.
- Never set off fireworks without wearing protective glasses.
What happens if I am injured in a firework accident?
If you are at a friend or family member’s house and are injured in a firework accident due to their negligence, there is a very good chance you may qualify for compensation in a premises liability claim. Our knowledgeable Texas personal injury attorney can help you pursue the compensation you deserve and need to heal. All you have to do is give our firm a call.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.