If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Car accidents can result in a lifetime of physical, emotional, and financial burdens. Do not hesitate to call our firm today to speak with one of our seasoned Texas personal injury attorneys. Our firm is dedicated to ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What are the 5 most common causes of car accidents in Texas?
Car accidents can be caused in a multitude of ways in Texas. Below are the 5 most common ways car accidents occur:
- Texting while driving: Technology has become a prevalent aspect in our society, and people have become addicted to their mobile devices, even while driving. If you use your phone while driving, serious life-threatening accidents occur.
- Speeding while driving: Multiple fatal car accidents could have been less critical if drivers drove slower. In many cases, crashes could be evaded entirely. Speeding decreases a driver’s ability to maintain control of their vehicle. Make sure you are observing and abiding by the speed limit at all times.
- Drinking and driving: One of the leading causes of car accidents each day is alcohol. A person’s capacity to carefully drive their car falls significantly after they’ve had alcohol. From a legal and safety standpoint, drinking and driving is never worth it.
- Distractions while driving: Fooling around with the center console of your car to adjust settings or to change the radio station can make you take your eyes off of the road. These distractions can result in serious outcomes that can harm you and others. Be sure to keep your eyes on the road and reduce as many distractions as possible when driving.
- Weather conditions: The chances of getting into a car accident drastically increase when the weather is bad. Rain can cause the roads to be slick, resulting in the chance of losing control of your vehicle. It is important to be cautious while driving when the weather is bad, and if possible, stay off the roads altogether.
Can I pursue legal action if I was injured in a car accident?
If you were injured in a car accident due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our skilled Texas personal injury attorneys to discuss your case.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.