Motorcycle accidents can have negative lifelong impacts. Do not hesitate to reach out to our firm as soon as possible if you have been injured in one. Our skilled Texas personal injury attorneys are prepared to fight on your behalf.
How do motorcycle accidents occur in Texas?
Motorcycle accidents can for many different reasons. In some instances, they are a result of inclement weather conditions, poorly maintained roads, or faulty mechanical parts. However, most of the time, motorcycle accidents are the consequence of driver negligence. Some of the most common types of driver negligence that our firm has seen include the following:
- Another motorist’s failure to yield
- Poor weather conditions, such as torrential downpours that diminish visibility and control
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Rear-end collisions
- Potholes, road obstructions, and uneven pavement
Can I recover compensation after a motorcycle accident?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident and would like to recover financial compensation, it is critical that you obtain as much evidence as possible in order to have a successful claim. Be sure to take the following steps immediately after your accident, if possible:
- Call 911. The police will be able to dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident, as it can help your case. In some cases, motorcyclists might wear bodycams so that they have the footage in the event that an accident occurs.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents pointing to the severity and origin of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced Texas personal injury attorney that can help you obtain more evidence that can be key to your claim.
How long do I have to file a claim?
In the state of Texas, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally two years. If you fail to file within two years, you will likely lose your opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve. An injury can have serious physical, mental, emotional, and financial burdens, which is why you should reach out to an experienced attorney as soon as possible to be sure that you are promptly filing your claim.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may want to consider pursuing legal action. Do not wait to reach out to our firm today. Personal injury claims in Texas are time-sensitive.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.