Car accidents occur for many reasons. However, if you were injured in one as a result of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Reach out to our firm today to speak with a skilled Texas personal injury attorney to learn about your options.
How do car accidents occur?
While there are several ways car accidents can happen, the most common cause is driver negligence. Our firm has seen many acts of driver negligence over the years. The most typical ones include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Carelessly changing lanes
- Texting and driving
- Making illegal turns
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving recklessly by ignoring traffic lights, signs, and all other rules of the road
What are my options if I was hurt in a car accident?
If you are interested in pursuing legal action after you have been injured in a car accident, you will want to take the following steps:
- Call the authorities. The police will dispatch an ambulance, file an accident report, gather witness testimony and perform any necessary chemical tests.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses to the accident. Their testimony will be useful later on in your personal injury claim.
- Take photos and videos of the damage done to all vehicles involved in the crash.
- Seek medical treatment, even if you do not feel harmed. In some instances, you can have an injury without knowledge, or sustain an injury that does not show symptoms until days or weeks later.
- Hire the services of a skilled Texas personal injury attorney. An attorney can help you develop your claim and guarantee you are meeting your claim’s deadlines.
How long do I have to file a claim for car accidents in Texas?
If you were injured in a car accident because of another’s negligence and you want to pursue legal action, you will need to keep in mind Texas’ statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is two years. This suggests that you are required to file your car accident claim within years from the date of the accident in order to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Personal injury claims are time-sensitive. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney today to begin. Our dedicated legal team will be able to make sure that you receive the compensation you need.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.