There are few things more frightening, and potentially life-altering than being involved in a serious accident. That is why personal injury attorneys exist. One of the most important parts of the claims process is the initial consultation with your Texas personal injury attorney. Please continue reading and give us a call to learn more about what you need to bring to your initial consultation.
What should I bring to my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney?
Initial consultations are so important because they give your attorney the insight needed to best approach and prove your claim. Because of this, if possible, you should bring several things with you. They are as follows:
- Photos or videos of the accident and the injuries you’ve sustained as a result.
- Your insurance information such as health, automobile, renter, and/or homeowner policies, depending on the circumstances of your case.
- Any contact you may have had with other party or their insurance, such as letters, emails, or phone calls.
- A list of questions you wish to ask your attorney.
- A written statement regarding the events leading up to your accident how and your injuries happened.
- A copy of the police report from the accident.
- The names and contact information, such as phone numbers or business cards, of anyone who saw the accident occur.
- Medical records detailing the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Receipts of any expenses related to the injuries, such as medical bills, lost wages incurred due to not being able to work, and more.
What are some of the things my attorney will need to know?
Your attorney will need to know several things to win your personal injury claim, including the following:
- What your injuries are, and how they affect your daily life.
- What medical and automobile insurance coverage you have.
- Whether you gave your insurance company a statement about the incident.
- Where are you employed/what you do, and the duration of time you have worked there.
- Whether you have ever been involved in an accident before.
- Whether you have seen a doctor and what that doctor’s prognosis is.
- Whether you spoke with any other lawyers or insurance representatives about your accident.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.