Airport accidents can result in serious injuries that can have life-long effects. That is why it is important to retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney if you have been injured at an airport as a result of another’s negligence. Our firm is dedicated to ensuring that you obtain the compensation you deserve.
What are the different causes of airport accidents in Texas?
There are several different types of airport accidents in Texas. Because there are so many features of an airport, it is important that there are diligent staff members available to ensure that no one is at risk of injury. However, even if there are attentive staff workers, accidents can still occur. If you have been injured in an airport, you will need a skilled Texas personal injury attorney on your side to fight on your behalf. The most common types of airport accidents our firm has seen include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Construction work accidents
- Curbside accidents
- Trams, escalators, and other transportation systems
- Hotel accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Dangerous sidewalks and parking garages
What steps should I take if I have been injured in an airport?
If you have been injured in an airport due to the negligence of another, you may have a valid premises liability claim. It is important to take the following steps immediately after your airport injury, if possible. These steps include:
- Call the authorities. The police will dispatch an ambulance and file a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
- Collect contact information from any witness to the accident. These witnesses may be able to corroborate your version of the events.
- Seek medical treatment to ensure your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a skilled Texas personal injury attorney that can help you navigate through the claims process.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim in Texas?
Texas has a statute of limitations of two years for most personal injury claims, which means that if you fail to file your claim within two years from the date of your airport accident, you will lose the chance to win the compensation you deserve.
Do not wait to reach out to our firm to ensure that you are meeting all of your claim’s deadlines.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.