Making the decision to send your child to daycare is difficult. It can be incredibly stressful to leave your child in the care of someone else. If your child is injured as a result of daycare negligence, you will likely want to pursue legal action. Read on to learn more about daycare negligence and what to do in the event that your child becomes injured.
What Constitutes Daycare Negligence?
Some daycares ask parents to sign a liability clause. They ask you to sign this in the hopes that it will deter you from taking legal action against them if your child does become injured. It is important to know that you do not have to sign this clause. But, if you did sign it, you can still take legal action against a daycare for their negligence. Some incidents that constitute negligence include:
- Children being injured on rusty or defective playground equipment
- Children being fed stale food or unclean water
- Sharp, hazardous materials within children’s reach
- Ignoring a child’s food allergies
- Failing to watch children at all times
- Failing to screen potential employees who may be unsafe around children
- Any other factor that the court deems in violation of the reasonable expectation and standard of care
Can I Pursue Legal Action for Negligence?
If you wish to pursue legal action, you will have to fulfill the burden of proof. This can be incredibly difficult to do without the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to prove that:
- The child was enrolled in the daycare and the establishment owed a duty of care to the child
- The daycare employer or the staff breached their duty of care through negligent behavior
- The child’s injuries were a direct result of their negligence
- The child suffered significant damages due to the accident
If your child has been injured as a result of daycare negligence, contact our firm today. Our team of experienced and dedicated attorneys is here to fight for you. We want to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.