For many of us, going to a restaurant is a great social activity. But, with all the hustle and bustle of restaurants, it is easy for an accident to occur. As a result, dining out can be more dangerous than you may realize. Read on to learn more about restaurant accidents in Texas and what to do if an injury occurs.
How do Restaurant Accidents Occur?
There are a number of ways for a restaurant accident to occur, but the most common accidents include:
- Burn accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Hearing damage
- Food poisoning
- Eye injuries
- Cuts or slices
- Kitchen fires
- Soft tissue injuries
- Allergic reactions
What do I do if I am Injured in a Restaurant?
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will need to fulfill the burden of proof. You can do this by:
- Calling 911
- It is important to call the police as soon as an accident occurs. They can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, interview witnesses, and more.
- Seeking medical attention
- You should go to the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility immediately after your accident occurs. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving the hospital, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Documenting the scene
- While waiting for the ambulance, it is important to document the scene. You can do this by taking pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtaining witness contacts
- Restaurants are often crowded. As a result, there is a good chance that someone saw your accident occur. If this is the case, be sure to ask witnesses for their contact information. They may be able to corroborate your version of events.
If you have been injured in a restaurant accident in Texas, reach out to our experienced and dedicated firm. We will fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.