Insurance companies are notoriously sneaky and difficult when dealing with those who have been injured by a driver under their policy. That is why our experienced Texas personal injury attorneys have compiled the following list of things you should keep in mind when speaking with an insurance adjuster:
- Oftentimes, insurance adjusters are solely looking out for their company’s best interests, and will do anything in their power to deny you the full compensation you need. That is why oftentimes, they will lowball your initial settlement. Never take a settlement without the assistance of a knowledgeable personal injury attorney.
- Very frequently, insurance companies will insist that you are not as injured as you claim, or that you are not injured at all. Of course, this is absolutely unacceptable, which is why you must keep a record of all doctor visits and medical documents and hire an attorney who can prove your injuries.
- Oftentimes, insurance companies will ask trick questions, or otherwise loaded questions, to get you to say something that may be used against you. That is why you must not simply agree with any of the questions they ask without first verifying your answer with an experineced Texas personal injury attorney. Our firm can help ensure you do not say anything that may adversely affect your future claim.
- If your insurance company tells you to go to a body shop they recommend, do not do so. All too often, these companies have arrangements with these auto body shops, and they will give you the lowest estimate possible when it comes to repairing your car. This is unacceptable. Instead, if you have a trusted auto body shop in your area, go there. You are not legally obligated to go to a shop of their choosing.
- Frequently, insurance companies will ignore you if you turn down their first settlement offer. This is a sneaky tactic, as there is a statute of limitations in place for personal injury claims, and they will try to get you to pass the statute of limitations so you cannot sue them.
- Finally, never sign a document without first consulting your Texas personal injury attorney.
Contact our experienced Smith County, Texas firm
There are few things more jarring and disturbing than being wrongly injured in an accident. Our firm understands how difficult it can be to recuperate after a serious accident, which is why we are here to help you through the legal process, every step of the way. If you or a loved one were injured in an accident due to another party’s negligence, you need a skilled attorney on your side. Contact J. Chad Parker, PLLC today for an attorney who is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.